To make the sponge, preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a 22 cm square tin with parchment.
- Makes10 servings
- Prep Time30 min
- Cook Time1 hr
- Total Time1 hr 30 min
- Made withSplenda Granulated Sweetener
For the sponge
- 125 g low fat spread
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 125 g self raising flour
- 5 tablespoons SPLENDA® Granulated
For the fruit
- 750 g plums, stoned and cut in to ¼'s
- 6 cloves
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons SPLENDA® Granulated
For the custard
- 300 ml skimmed milk
- 4 eggs yolks
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 25 ml sherry, Madeira or masala
- 25 g flaked almonds, toasted
- 3 tablespoons SPLENDA® Granulated
Nutrition Info Per Serving
- % Daily Value*
- Energy208 kcal266.67%
- Total Fat12.60 g16.15%
- of which saturates2.50 g0.91%
- Total Carbohydrate18.80 g6.84%
- of which sugars8.50 g3.09%
- Salt0.40 g0.15%
Place all the sponge ingredients in to a large bowl and whisk for around 2 minutes. This is an all in one method for a sponge. Once everything looks smooth, scrape into the prepared tin and bake for 15-20 minutes. Cool.
Place the plums in to a pan with the Splenda Granulated and cinnamon stick. Add a splash of water, cover and cook for around 15 minutes until soft and a little jam like. Leave to cool.
To make the custard, place the milk into a pan with the vanilla and bring up to a boil. Whisk together the yolks, Splenda Granulated and cornflour then pour the hot milk on to this giving it a whisk all the while. Pour back into the pan and bring slowly up to heat stirring and whisking at the same time. Bring it just up to the boil. Set aside.
Break up the sponge and lay it in to the bottom of a bowl or 10 individual ones. Sprinkle with a little of your chosen alcohol. Top with the plum mixture then pour over the custard.