- 125g low fat spread
- 2 eggs
- 5 tbsp SPLENDA®
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 125g self raising flour (contains wheat)
For the fruit
- 750g plums, stoned and cut in to 1/4's
- 6 cloves
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 2 tbsp Splenda
For the custard
- 300ml skimmed milk
- 4 eggs yolks
- 3 tbsp SPLENDA®
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 25ml sherry, Madeira or masala
- 25g flaked almonds, toasted (contains nuts)
- To make the sponge, preheat the oven to 180°C/gas mark 4. Line a 22cm square tin with parchment.
- Place all the sponge ingredients in to a large bowl and whisk for around 2 minutes. This is an all in one method for a sponge. Once everything looks smooth, scrape in to the prepared tin and bake for 15-20 minutes. Cool.
- Place the plums in to a pan with the SPLENDA® and Cinnamon stick. Add a splash of water, cover and cook for around 15 minutes until soft and a little jam like. Leave to cool.
- To make the custard, place the milk In to a pan with the vanilla and bring up to a boil. Whisk together the yolks, SPLENDA® and cornflour then pour the hot milk on to this giving it a whisk all the while. Pour back in to the pan and bring slowly up to heat stirring and whisking at the same time. Bring it just up to the boil. Set aside.
- Break up the sponge and lay it in to the bottom of a bowl or 10 individual ones. Sprinkle with a little of your chosen alcohol. Top with the plum mixture then pour over the custard.
- Scatter with the flaked almonds.